Re: [ST] Hot & Cold <was> Smokin' Fairing

STeve Duncan wrote:
> Yikes! Phil, that's like, 106 F.  That's TEXAS hot.  Still, I will
> take 106f over 26f (-3 c)  every time.  I'm used to the heat, COLD
> SUCKS.  Hottest I can remember riding in was about 118f in west
> Texas.  So hot you couldn't stand on the road, cause your feet got
> too hot, even thru thick boots. Coldest was 12 F (-11 c).  Commuting
> to work in Tulsa OK, when I was young and only had a bike as
> transportation.  No high tech gear back then, I had
> so many layers on I had have help getting my leg over the bike.
>
> 'Course, all that is moot today.  Here in Dallas it was 52f at
> sunrise, and should be in the mid 70's all day.  Man, I love Texas.

I've ridden in 52 c (126 F) when I used to work in Mt Isa (a hole of a
mining town in central Australia). Was bloody hot but the air was so dry you
didn't feel the heat as much. Coldest was probably riding my old TT250 to my
first job as a drafty from my parents place. They lived on a farm in a
valley and we used to get down to around -8 c (18 F) fairly regularly. I
remember getting into work and it would take me 30 minutes to get enough
feeling back in my hands to be able to work properly.

I'm starting to feel old talking like this ;-)

Phil
'02 S3