RE: [ST] Anyone have a spare speedo laying around?

Since the speedo is basically useless anyway.................

Maybe the VERY judicious use of a dremel will remedy the situation  :))
The way I see it, is you just cut the plastic lens off that sucker, then
CAREFULLY pop that needle over the stop, and voila' you have yerself a
working speedo!!  Then you can super glue the plastic lens back in place.
If you make the cut in the right place and are really good with glue, no one
will be the wiser.  If it don't work out, you are no worse off.

Other than that I would suggest you ask your local dealer to let you swap
out your speedo with the next totaled ST to pass thru the shop.  Or check
the salvage dealers.  Chances of anyone around here having a 'spare' speedo
are slim to none.  How would any of us end up with an extra speedo???

And more importantly, how the HELL did your needle end up on the wrong side
of the stop?  And why wasn't it a warranty claim if it came that way??  :))

Wait a minute, seems I dimly remember that this was the result of some type
of get-off.  That right??

Of course the last option is to go out and steal someone else's ST, swap out
the speedos, and then return the bike before they ever miss it.  Man, that
would mess with someone's head, ehh??
(JUST KIDDING, PEOPLE, JUST KIDDING !!!!!)

   ;)

Steve Duncan
Tejas

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  ~Dave Barry