[ST] for Matt - BMW 1100S

      When it first came out, I still had my '95 Sprint and wanted an
1100S - in gold - so bad I could taste it.  Killebrew (Monterey
Honda-Kawi) was a BMW dealer then and let me have a demo for the
afternoon,... down River Rd to Arroyo Seco and back up Carmel Valley
Rd. & Los Laureles.  It was a great bike in many ways but the
vibration was even worse than Ducati,... my hands stayed asleep for
days.  The front end works great but without feel, giving me the
strange sense that I didn't know where the front tire was (one would
probably get used to this in time).  Last April I spent two weeks on
an 1150RS in the Spanish Pyrenees and came to REALLY hate linked
brakes, though I'm still a strong believer in ABS.  I'm no fan of
'Beemer Butt' either;... I think BMW gets their seats from the same
woodcarving shop as KTM.  All of these complaints except the
vibration could easily have been fixed in the after-market but the
price - i.e. value for dollar - added insult to injury. I waited
another year for the RS to come out and am very glad I did,... I
still love the looks of the 1100S but the RS is a better all around
bike.

                                        Have fun;

                                            doggydoo   - - - o&\o