[ST] Triumph ValMoto update

Our buddy Brian from across the pond sent me this update if interested.

Triumph ValMoto takes to the world stage

This weekend (27-29 February 2004) sees Triumph ValMoto surpass another
milestone in the Triumph's racing revival when it takes the groundbreaking
Daytona 600 to the first round of the 2004 World Supersport Championship.

In 2003 the team enjoyed success in its maiden British Supersport
Championship season - providing fans with spectacular action and Triumph
with its first pole position and podium finish after three decades of
non-competition. Triumph ValMoto also made history by winning the 2003 Isle
of Man Junior TT race at the first attempt.

Now, the team's 19-year-old prodigy Craig Jones (British Superbike
Championship Young Rider of the Year 2003) is set to take on the world's
best at Valencia. Pre-season testing at the Spanish circuit produced
encouraging results, however the only pressure felt by the talented rider
will be that which he imposes on himself. "Competing in a world
championship race is definitely going to be a great experience," said
Jones. "I did quite a few laps of the circuit during testing, so we've got
a decent base set-up and I know my way around. My times weren't that far
off the regular world championship riders and we're aiming to fine tune
things during practice and qualifying. I'm not under any illusions about
how tough it's going to be, but the Triumph ValMoto Daytona 600 has
improved so much that I know I'm going to enjoy myself."

Triumph ValMoto Team Manager Jack Valentine is proud to be leading the
Hinckley-based manufacturer back into international battle and has high
hopes for the coming season. "Last year was very much a development year
for the team," he said. "And we encountered all the usual issues associated
with turning an excellent road bike into a world-class Supersport race
machine. Despite this, we were still able to achieve some impressive
results and - with the advances we have made during the off-season - I
think 2004 is going to be a good year for us.

"Our main reason for this wildcard entry is to gather more data and warm up
for the start of the domestic season. But it'll also be interesting to see
how we fair in the premier series. At the end of the day, I'll be more than
happy if we come away from Valencia having scored world championship points
and learned more about the new specification Triumph ValMoto Daytona 600."

Que Lastima, Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"