[ST] BMW RS vs ST

>I am not affraid of a can of chain lube, but am affraid of the BMW approved service department.  If you factor in price, there is no comparison.

Yes, you can buy an awful lot of chains for the price of one drive line. My K75 D-L shot craps at 11K miles, just after the warranty was up.  I don't know if the drive-line problems extend to the R1100S, but a frightening number of the larger bikes chew them up and spit them out.  And in more than one case they've been labeled "abused" or "maintainence items" and denied warranty.  No thanks, I'll stick with a chain.

David
'99ST