Re: [ST] What alarms are you using?

Hi,

> I have my 04 RS SSSA on order and am trying to figure out how to keep it
after I get it...
> The triumph alarm struck me as rather pricey at $475.00/US so I was
wondering what
> alarm were being used.

My '00 ST came with the Triumph Veto Evo alarm.  Excellent piece of kit, and
of course it integrates with the bike perfectly.  VERY sensitive.  Even
stroking the seat or rear tyre is enough to get its warning chirps going,
and it can be put into two separate modes for servicing, eg where you give
the bike to a dealer but don't want to give them the alarm push, where it
beeps every 20 seconds, and for loading up luggage, where you still want it
to be immobilised, but don't want it screaming at you in the garage when
you're tying a huge cream cake onto the back seat.  (That was nearly VERY
messy!)

Given the amount that a factory or dealer fitted Triumph alarm will add to
the resale value, plus the fact that if anything goes wrong Triumph will be
the ones removing the bodywork to get to the thing, I would spend the $475.

Hope this helps.  I'm GREAT at spending other people's money!

Andrew