[ST] Non-ST content: Was re tyres, a digest, now a potted history of Central Lanarkshire

At 18:48 25/02/04, phsammut@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>It is indeed a very, very small internet world - I now live in the US but
>20 years ago worked at Law Hospital by Carluke.......is it still there?

Woah! You guys are starting to scare me now. :D

Law hospital closed down last year - only what seems a few years (about 8
probably) after the new maternity unit opened.

It was replaced by "Wishaw General Hospital", which is located on the
outskits of Wishaw, along the road to where the steel plant at Ravenscraig
used to be.

The site of the old hospital was scheduled for redevelopment as the "New
Law Village", but there's been no building and not a lot of clearing yet. I
believe there is more heavy metal contamination than was first imagined,
and so a lot more material has to be removed before building can begin.
This is no doubt due to the place being a war hospital and the X-ray
department being there since X-Ray machine Serial number 3 or 4 came along.

I take it you are a medic of some kind Paul?

I hope the US is being good to you - but after 20 years I guess it must be.

- - Stephen (Spud) McS.