[ST] Sprint RS is stalling ?? !! ??

So last night I put the wheels back on my '02 RS after having new tires mounted and decide to take a shakedown run through the neighborhood to make sure everything is OK. Note that I had just installed the Triumph "race" can (but not the FI update, yet).

The bike started fine, I let it warm up to 170 while putting my gear on. Damn thing stalled everytime I pulled the clutch in. It just refused to idle. Put a couple miles on anyway. Had to keep the revs up with the throttle any time I had the clutch in. Note that it was in the upper 20s last night.

I had this happen a couple times when it was new, but an updated FI map seemed to fix it. I have an appointment to the sport pipe tune loaded tomorrow, but was curious if any of you have seen similar behavior and if it was fixed by a new FI tune. If not, what else should I have the mechanic check/tweak?

BTW, the new pipe sounds nice :-) I'm guessing the neighbors weren't amused as it was about 10pm. I'll be better behaved in the future. Honest.

Garry