From: garrysimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:garrysimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 1:55 PM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Sprint RS is stalling ?? !! ??

So last night I put the wheels back on my '02 RS after having new tires mounted and decide to take a shakedown run through the neighborhood to make sure everything is OK. Note that I had just installed the Triumph "race" can (but not the FI update, yet).

The bike started fine, I let it warm up to 170 while putting my gear on. Damn thing stalled everytime I pulled the clutch in. It just refused to idle. Put a couple miles on anyway. Had to keep the revs up with the throttle any time I had the clutch in. Note that it was in the upper 20s last night.

I had this happen a couple times when it was new, but an updated FI map seemed to fix it. I have an appointment to the sport pipe tune loaded tomorrow, but was curious if any of you have seen similar behavior and if it was fixed by a new FI tune. If not, what else should I have the mechanic check/tweak?

BTW, the new pipe sounds nice :-) I'm guessing the neighbors weren't amused as it was about 10pm. I'll be better behaved in the future. Honest.

Garry

The information contained in this email and any attachments is likely to be confidential and legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient named above only. Any copying, dissemination, disclosure of or use of this email or its attachments unless authorised by us is prohibited, except that you may forward this email and/or attachments to a third party on a strict "need to know" basis. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by forwarding the email to legal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Please then delete this email and any full or partial copies of it.
You as the intended recipient must be aware and accept that email is not a totally secure communications medium.
Although we have taken all reasonable steps to make sure this email and any attachments are free from viruses, we do not (to the extent permitted by law) accept any liability whatsoever for any virus infection and/or compromise of security caused by this email and any attachment.
No contract may be formed or documents served by you on or with us by this email or any attachments unless expressly agreed otherwise by us. Any views expressed in this email or attachments by an individual are not necessarily those of any UbiNetics company.