Re: [ST] stolen, crashed RS part II: the settlement

On Feb 26, 2004, at 9:17 AM, Matt Lyon wrote:
> How much is a running, street legal, salvage-titled but seriously
> cosmetically damaged 2000 RS worth, if I were to sell it?

About a fourth of what the Blue Book value would be for one in good
condition, at least here in CA.  Getting a salvage title transferred is
some extra hassle in these parts, and no matter what you say potential
buyers are going to assume you beat the living daylights out of the
bike.  Around here, most salvage bikes end up as parts bikes or track
bikes that are never registered for the street.
- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
San Jose, CA (USA)