Re: [ST] Battery Tender

On Monday, January 5, 2004, 4:42:44 PM, TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx wrote:

>> The battery has gone flat and I was  wondering if there
>> were any special precautions I need to follow to protect
>> the fuel injection computer before hooking up a Battery
>> Tender. All my other bikes have been carb models so I
>> haven't had to think twice about it. What's the  group's
>> wisdom on this?

> My '99 ST has spent most of its life connected to a
> Battery Tender. So far, so good-no problems with computer.
> Dave Collins, San Diego

The battery in my '00 RS spent the (almost) four years I
owned it on a Battery Tender Jr. and I never had a problem
with it.  When I traded it in on the Blackbird in late
November, the battery still turned the engine over (even in
these cold Sierra Nevada temperatures) like a new battery.
Needless to say, the Blackbird battery now lives on the same
Battery Tender, and I expect it to last for many years.

- -Keith
'03 Blackbird