Re: [ST] Dead ST - New model in sight ???

I was at the Honda dealer here in Salt Lake a few months ago, just
looking around while my new tire was being mounted, when me and a
friend noticed we could not find anywhere what the HP was for the 04
VFR in the showroom floor.  Not in the card hanging of the handle, not
on the brochure.  So we ask the saleskid there and he goes. "hmmm I
think it's like 85hp" So we laughed a little, and told him that could
not be right, to which he responds "that is like a lot of power"  and
we laughed some more.  I was right, the bike has closer to 100hp, but
at well over 500lbs dry, it's lost a lot of the "sport" in sport
touring.  That day we went test driving and raced the sales manager in
the street behind the dealer.  He was so surprised that my '01 ST
abused the VFR on the short 1 block race, specially because he barely
makes it to 160lbs weight and I am 6'1" and in the top half of the
250s. He assured me the honda would win on a longer race.  We gave up
the discussion and tried to not laugh out so loud.  I did get a turn at
the pretty silver interceptor.  I do like the look, and it feels very
stable, but on the road that machine is nothing compared to the sweet
and fun red VFR that got me off racers and into STs 6 years ago.  My ST
is more of a progression of that machine than the current VFR is.  It
is said that the triumph ST looked a lot to imitate that machine when
it came out, and I think they did an excellent job at taking all the
good things it had and making something even much better, but I can
only hope that the new ST doesn't try to follow the current
Interceptor.  I would not buy another one.

Rolo
96 Sprint
01 Sprint ST