[ST] RE: parts supply(was Dead ST....)

<<
I hate to say it, but the parts issue isn't just with european bikes.  A
coworker had a 1999 Harley (road glide), and was hit by a car in April.
The bike was taken to the local dealer, and it sat for 4 months waiting
for the parts needed to fix it.  Just for the record, he sold it in
November, about a week after picking it up from the shop...
So how is this possible when the factory is within 3 hours of the
shop??

Dan

Because parts come from around the world.  Dispite what "the faithful" want
to believe.  But I have another thought to add.  Maybe it wasn't just parts
they were waiting on.  Maybe they were short on available time to work on
it.  It's too long a discussion for me to explain in full, but lets see if I
can sum it up.  Most shops start every day with enough work scheduled to
fill the day, than they add in all the "drive up" business though the day,
so something has to take a back seat.  Often it is crash restorations.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen