From: David W. Funk [mailto:david.funk@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 10:29 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Dead ST - New model in sight ???

I don't understand. Why the Aprilia Falco? I would think that the Aprilia
Futura
was a much closer replacement for the Sprint ST then the Falco.

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:27:10 -0800 (PST), John Cooper wrote:

>Matt, I HAD to give up the Sprint so here's my 2 cents.  I posted that
>my 01
BRG Sprint was stolen a few weeks ago (found-crashed, waiting to settle
with Progressive). In the meantime I've been using my friend's VFR every
day.  It's a great bike with a high fun factor. It's more flickable and
loves to
lean.  But it's got more vibration, less wind protection and IMHO is not as
good a high speed tourer as the Sprint.  Popular bike though - seems like I
see a couple of VFRs every day.   Then I rode a Falco and decided to go for
it.  It's as exclusive as a Sprint, plenty of fun, good ergos, great engine,
etc.  I
still love the Sprint but I'll wait till 2005-06 to see what happens.

*