RE: [ST] 12k Service and/or Race-Tech Gold

 Chris,

If you are having the full 12K service done, they will already have the
forks off the bike, though they usually don't have them dissassembled,
which the racetech installation requires.  So there will be some extra
labor and they may charge extra for that (they have to drill holes in your
damping rods).

If they actually do everything on the 12K list, it can take them 8 to 12
hours times their shop rate plus parts and fluids.  $1000.00 is not out of
the ball park here.  there has been a lot of debate as to whether
everything on the list is necessary at 12K or not.  That, i think is up to
you as the rider.  there are certainly many items on the list that most
anyone can take care of themselves and same themselves some $$$$$.

Dan.