Re: [ST] Mirrors again

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 09:34:45PM -0500, Bil Swartz wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Lance La Certe wrote:
>
> > i.e., has anyone discovered if any manufacturer out there has produced a
> > better looking after market set of mirrors to replace the only ugly thing
> > on this great bike (can you say mirrors with rubber diapers???)
>
> Good Q - I've wondered about the Honda mirrors for the 2000+ VFR, since
> they fit the 98 and 99 with just a gasket and screw change, and since our
> mirrors look very much like 98-99 VFR mirrors, if the bases are similar
> too.

I've got the Y2K mirrors on my VFR, which also had the stock mirror
condoms on it.  Best $85 I ever spent.  I don't have a Sprint mirror
anymore to compare to, but I guess I could measure the holes and spacing
on the VFR one.

Also, some people on the VFR list have stripped the bootie off their
mirrors and painted the stalks black, and it looks okay.  Not great, but
better than with the rubber, IMHO.

Laters,
Brian
- --