From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steven
Kohlscheen
Sent: Monday, 12 January 2004 10:02 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] RE: New Sprint(was dead ST)

What new engine?  This wish for the new engine has appeared more than once
in this discussion.  The Sprint got the same motor that the Daytona got in
'02.  It has the "new engine" it's just in a sport touring state of tune.
Better suspension I agree with, but I don't forsee me selling/trading the
'02 I have right now for just that, especially if they restyle it in a
manner I don't find attractive.  I've already taken care of the front
suspension woes on my bike with Race Tech parts.  Plus there's the matter
that I can't afford a new bike.  I also am not really that tempted by other
manufacturers offerings.  I don't have a case of "grass is greener" when it
comes to other sport touring bikes.  I read about them, and look at them in
magazines, but am really not tempted by them.  Now a trackbike, or a
motard/trail bike, now that I could see on my shopping list.  But for sport
touring mounts, I'm plenty satisfied with what I've got now.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
2002 Sprint ST
<<
So we basically all agree on this question.  If there was an ST based on the
current platform but with the new engine and better suspension then we'd all
be happy to buy one to replace our current rides when the time came.
However, without such a beast we will all seriously consider the other
manufacturer's offerings.

I hope Ross or someone from Triumph is still on the list and can take that
gem to their product development people.

Bambi