Re: [ST] Spinning rear brake light

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 06:55:05PM -0500, Heyer, Matthew A. wrote:
> > Has anyone tried one of these 1157 replacements?  It's touted as a
spinning
> > LED rear light, direct replacement.  Thoughts?
I'm a sucker for buying junk for my bikes.  I've tried halogen lights,
LED's, clear lens with red bulbs, amber bulbs, etc.  The LED's were the most
disappointing of all.  I think someone else said it, but they don't take
advantage of the reflector which really takes away any advantage they might
have had.  Never tried the rotators because they were too much of a gimic
even for me.

Currently I'm replacing the tail turn signals with those from a Honda
VFR250, I think, which run 1157 bulbs.  That way I'll use the low power
filament as running lights and the stop filament for turn signals.  Big
reflectors and lots of light.  Easy to wire up.  Might put a box in to use
in conjunction with stop lights but not for a while.
Rod