[ST] Wheelies

I know the Sprint isn't a squidly kind of bike and most Sprint owners aren't the squidly type, but thought I'd ask anyway.

In the 10K miles I put on my 02 RS last season, I never got the sense it EVER wanted to power wheelie. You know, no bouncing, clutching, chopping the throttle, etc. Just a pure, whack the throttle and the front end rises kinda
thing. I've got an 18T up front and always ride solo (no pillion to lighten the front end). I tend to practically sit on the tank too (if that matters).

I'm no stranger to wheelies from many years of riding and racing dirt bikes, but my RS simply wants to accelerate hard rather than wheelie, even in first, let alone second or third.

So, is it me (lack of skills or guts or both), or does the bike just not have the brutal acceleration needed to power wheelie? I suspect it's a combination of both as 600cc sportbike with similar peak horsepower and way less torque
manage to wheelie, but I see those guys bouncing/etc to pump it up on the road.

- - Garry