RE: [ST] Stealth Speeding

Hey Bruce,

nice write up.  I find that I follow many of these suggestions and my
ticketing has been fairly limited.  One officer kindly gave me a +9 ticket
for doing somewhere around 69 in a 45 (it was in the open and I wasn't
paying attention to the speed limit signs).  The other, I think picked up
the car behind me, but he stopped me.  He claimed i was going faster than I
thought I was, but in the end I was speeding too, so it really doesn't
matter all that much does it...

I have never received a ticket while touring.  Part of the reason for this
is that I get into a rhythm of moving quickly, but very non-squidley.  I
always obey speed limits in towns and use my eyes for a radar detector.

One caveat on the laser...  yes, they need to be stationary and AFAIK, they
still have to shoot through an open window or stand outside their vehicle
in the daylight to use laser.  Laser cannot be used at night.  Unlike
radar, the laser beam is only a few inches wide at several hundred yards.
They aim for your headlight, so if your laser detector is far enough away
from the cops target, you will very likely get NO signal detection.  the
laser locks in very quickly, so unless you happen to get a lucky bounce,
once you hear your detector's laser chirp, you might as well start pulling
over.

I have had several of my gray and white haired friends say that they have
gotten off tickets because of that.  Seems to surprise the LEO when the
GSXR rider pulls his helmet off and he's about 50 years older than
expected.  Unfortunately, I will likely loose all of my hair before it has
a chance to turn completely white/gray.

Dan Wallander