Re: [ST] Stealth Speeding

>http://www.members.cox.net/sprinthawk/stealthspeeding.htm

Good reading, and I can verify much of it.

Between the ages of 16 and 25, I was written up before the officer
said hello. Now that I'm 43 and starting to gray I have received 5
warnings in a row and no tickets for the last 10 years.

Some of it is experience. I remember one incident when a group of us
Sprint riders got together in the Bay Area. There was one mass over
the double yellow line pass, that when it got to my turn I just
sensed it was too public of a place to be making an illegal pass. I
hesitated just long enough to watch the guys in front of me get
pulled over. Earlier that day we had come across a group of other
riders who were pulling the squiddly stuff, and someone phoned in
about them. Our group paid the price as the cops laid in wait for
them, but caught us instead.

Even more in my favor is my status as a volunteer firefighter. I was
pulled over last year for allegedly driving 70 in a 55 (I would have
contested it in court but I was very polite to the officer). As I
reached for my wallet I realized I had left it in my other pants. But
we were dressed for dinner, as we were going out to the Ingomar Club,
the most exclusive private club in the area (and yet they still let
me in). The officer saw my volunteer firefighter sticker on the back
of my truck, and sensing that I was a "good citizen", I was let go
with just a warning, even though I could offer no proof of my
identity.

Now if I had been in jeans and a t-shirt driving some ratty old ranch
pickup and if I had darker skin, I'm sure the outcome would have been
different.
- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned