[ST] Re: advice needed - Seats

I've put 66k miles on my Sargent seat since Y2K.  Including a number of 750+
mile days, a few of them in a row, and one unofficial SS1k(didin't do the
paperwork).  And I can't recommend the Sargent seat enough.  Now I didn't
have them change the shape of the seat, as I found the stock shape worked
fine for me.  But after 18k miles the stockers foam was dead, to me.  So
they re-foamed it with their Atomic Foam, and covered it in "Grip-Tex".  The
Grip Tex is only true to it's name with leather.  Denium and cordura have a
tendancy to slide on it under hard breaking.  The seat is starting to feel
like it's breaking down alittle to me now.  But I won't be replacing it
anytime soon it seems.
When I bought from Sargent I had a great customer service experience.  I
printed the order form off the internet, then called them to ask a few
questions.  Well in the end the guy walked me through the form, step by
step, to insure it was filled out correctly to get the seat I had in mind.
I only wish I would have listened to him when he suggested the diamond plate
type seat cover instead of GripTex.  Turn around was pretty quick, as I
remember.  The big issue is you have to provide a seat pan, or the OEM seat,
to them to get a customer seat.  I don't know if they offer a direct
replacement yet.  A Sargent done as I had it done is never going to have a
fit to bike issue, as they are reusing the OEM pan.  I've heard, and seen,
some pretty poor Corbin fits.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
We are gonna do a saddle sore 1000, and I definitely need a replacement for
the stock seat. I checked pricing on the Sargent and Corbin seats.  I would
love some feedback from those of you with replacements under your butts.
Anyone have feedback on the Triumph Gel seat? It seems to be about half the
price of the Sargent. Does that mean it is half the quality?

Any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Derek