Re: [ST] Fuel connector help

Just looked at the NHTSA site and saw about four or five complaints about
fuel connector issues.   I would highly recommend to those who have had
these problems to file a complaint at
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/Consumer.cfm

With the number being so low compared to the amount of bikes out there, it
doesn't really seem like there is a problem.  Funny, guys on RAT lists all
around the world seem to "know" there is a problem with these things
breaking.  So much so that there are searchs for the right parts on all
kinds of 955i lists and  several vendors are making replacement kits.   I
just got off the phone to the Triumph guy in Atlanta.  He doesn't think
there is a problem.  All I wanted to do was get some of the hose connectors
that Triumph uses.   Apparently the party line is only a qualified Triumph
wrench can work on the FI hoses because they are "high pressure."  45psi,
give me a break.

I guess the corporate bird for Triumph is the osterich.  They are just
waiting for someone to emulate Colin Edwards down I95.

Rod