Re: [ST] Re: Fuel Connector Help

Lisa,
That is exactly why I sent the original email.  This goes beyond a "getting
stuck in the boonies" issue,  It IS a safety issue.

I don't want to beat a dead horse to death, but my conversation with
"Customer Service" at Triumph did not leave me with a "warm, fuzzy feeling."
First he said this is a non-issue because the number of incidents pales
before things like scratched paint.  He emphasized the "qualified Triumph
mechanic" and linked it to warrantee issues.  The way I read that was, for
example, if your alternator burned out and you pop the cover to take a look,
your warrantee was at risk.  He danced around this a lot but that is what it
boiled down to.   In the US you do NOT have to take you vehicle to the
dealer to maintain warrantee, but you may have to go to court to enforce
that.

I've been working on my own bikes, off and on for pushing 40 years.  I kinda
know what is within my capabilites and what's not.  When the guy tells me
that he can't sell me a hose clamp because of the high pressure fuel
injection system (45psi is NOT high pressue),  that isn't a legal issue
that's a BS issue trying to force you to take your bike to the dealer for
everything.
Rod