From: David J. Hughes [mailto:bambi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 5 January 2004 11:16 AM
To: 'st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Dead ST - New model in sight ???

Hi all,

I've been quiet (well, absent more like it) on the list for quite a while.
Sadly, my trusty mount and I were struck by a car a couple of days ago.
Although I'm OK the bike looks rather second hand.  I assume I'll get the
option of a payout from the other guys insurance company.

So, the question of what to buy comes to mind.  I love the ST and only
commented last week to a mate that it's the best bike I've owned and I
wouldn't trade it in for anything else on the market.  It's now officially a
5 year old model though, with no major changes.  Has anyone heard anything
about a model upgrade this year?  If there's a new ST on the way I'd go
without a ride for a few months to get my leg over it.  Something based on
the new daytona engine, with upgraded springs etc would be well worth the
wait.

Anyone heard anything on the grape vine?

Bambi