From: STeve Duncan [mailto:xhippy@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 8:47 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] AAARRRGGGHHH !!!!!!

Lowest temp I've ever ridden in; commute to work, was 12f and snow on the
ground (Oklahoma).  Highest temp I've ridden in, on tour, 118f, right here
in Tejas.  I've ridden thru hail (that hurts), and fog so thick you could
not see the taillight of the bike in front, even at 5 ft. (scary), I've
ridden thru tornados, (didn't realize it at the time), and cross winds out
in the Tejas panhandle of 60mph, with gusts above that (!)  I've been in
rainstorms that had semi's and police cars pulled over to wait it out, (why
stop on a bike??), and one time the lightening was so bad we pulled into a
rest stop, only to discover that it was a metal roof, with metal poles
holding it up!  Time to move on.