[ST] Chain Alignment Tool

If anyone is interested I made a home made chain alignment tool, that's just
as good as the $30+ commercial ones for only $5!  Wahoo!.

Here's the Parts List:

QTY		Description
Price
1		2" C-Clamp
$3.99 (from Scotty's) They're like a HD or Lowes
1		1/4"-20 threaded 1ft long bar			$0.49
"
2		1/4" nuts
$0.09 ea	"
2		1/4" lock washers
$0.05 ea	"
1		1/2"dia x .8 Al bar 				Free from a
machine shop scrap bin

Total: $4.76 plus tax

The 1/2"dia x .8 Al bar is epoxy'd, using Dexter Aerospace EA9446 Acrylic
Adhesive Epoxy, to the non-moving end of the clamp to better center the
guide bar on the clamp.

Mount the clamp on the rear sprocket.  Run a string from the center of the
front sprocket to the center of the rear sprocket (i.e. running up the chain
of course)making sure they're in proper alignment.  Using the string as the
guide, line up the threaded bar with the string and the clamp and mark the
clamp for your drill hole.

Next drill an appropriate sized hole (I threaded my hole) in the clamp.
Insert guide bar into clamp and secure using the nuts & lock washers, being
sure to keep the bar alignment straight.

Walla, you're done.  I used it last night for the first time and it works
like a charm ;)  Plenty accurate enough, that the wheel/rear sprocket
doesn't exhibit any visual wobble when free spinning.

If anyone wants pics, let me know and I'll email 'em to you off-line.

Rich
00 RS