Re: [ST] Clutch Conversions????

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:20:47 -0800, Derek Randles wrote:

>Ok, does anyone know of any hydraulic clutch conversions for our bikes? I
>absolutely hate the cable pull. It seems to lose it's adjustment after only
>a few days of riding. I also get heavy gear changes, and when cold, hell if
>I am able to find neutral. I am assuming the lack of pull is partial cause
>of this. I had a new cable installed a couple months back, the old one was
>beginning to fray after only 6k miles.

I have never heard of a hydraulic clutch conversion.
But a am surprised by you frequent adjustments. Will my clutch lever
requires a very strong hand, I almost never have to adjust it. I have just over
50k miles on the original clutch. But the cable did break at around 28k miles,
the little end thing just pulled off.

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA