RE: Lifts - RE: [ST] Pilot Road's (was Dunlop)

Ok, how?  My father-in-law got me one for Christmas 1.5 years ago and I haven't been able to use it yet.  Our Sprints don't have any frame under the engine and the oil lines are in the way of the lift.  Don't want to break anything, ya know ;)

Do they have some sort of adapter I don't know about?

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Heyer, Matthew A.
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 1:19 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Lifts - RE: [ST] Pilot Road's (was Dunlop)

It's awesome that it has the option for lifting by the wheels.  If lifting
to get the wheels off though, again I'd go with the Craftsmen ATV jack from
Sears.  Does the same thing, has a lifetime warranty (it's Craftsmen), and
is rated up to 1500lbs.  Actually used the thing last night on my
Speedmaster as I was putting some 42mm flat-slide carbs in.  Had to remove
the rear wheel, drop the rear swing arm, drop the fender, gas tank,
(everything except the main block of the engine and the frame really...) -
and the lift worked great.  It doesn't have the option for lifting by the
wheels, but it's only $99 bucks.  Something to take a look at.

Matt Heyer