Re: [ST] Re: Need rib fracture advice, please

I broke several ribs along with my collarbone last summer. Couldn't lay down
to sleep for a long time. Bet I slept in our reclining sofa for three weeks,
then slept propped up with pillows for a while after that. Couldn't lay on
my right side for a long time. I'm 44, but didn't expect it to take that
long to be completely healed. Patience is a good thing. Note that I was able
to do a lot of normal activities (riding even) a month after the accident,
but laying on the ribs was problematic for months.

I enjoyed getting upright and going for walks in that first week or two
after the wreck. Don't know if it was just to burn off some nervous energy
or what. Maybe it was just nice to get out of the house. Getting moving in
the morning was the worst. Once up and moving about, I felt a lot better.
Took more than a few naps too. Naps are good, even without an excuse :-)

Mend fast! The first few times back on the bike may be a bit weird mentally
too. Comes with the turf. Just take it easy and don't push the envelope...

Garry