RE: [ST] Water near the gas cap?

>> Remove the seat and the rear plastic/tail light assembly. This is
>> really easy.
>
>Unless you have the luggage rack installed, then it is a major PITA.

Boy, howdy, no kidding!  I didn't have a socket wrench with me, and had to
give up for fear of stripping the !@#&^ bolts.  I need to get a better tool
kit...

What sizes do you guys take with you?  I'm sure I can make do with 3-4
different one, plus a few torx sockets.

<<However if you remove the one bolt on the right side then pop the tail
section out of the rubber grommet you should have enough room to stick your
paws in there and do what you need to do.>>

This turned out to be true.  I was able to take off both hoses and check
them for obstructions; there weren't any.  This implies that the blockage is
in the tank drain itself.  I didn't have any small gauge wire with me, so I
couldn't try snaking it through to unblock it.

I noted, with some amount of dismay, that the anti-fuel-spill-tipover-valve
thingy is missing, and that the corresponding hose is too short to reach the
little metal loop that keeps the hoses from flopping around and/or dumping
fluid on the engine block.  Yet another thing the @!#% apes did wrong the
last time they serviced my bike.  Moto Britalia, here I come...

Thanks for all the advice and help,
  - Dave