[ST] Introduction and newbie questions

Hi,
	My name is Paul English and I live in Seattle, WA. Thanks to Ebay
I am now a 2000 Sprint ST (black) owner! I also currently own a 1990 Honda
VFR750 - we'll see how long that lasts. I've been a big fan of the
Hinckley Triumphs, in particular the Sprint ST since they came out. I remember
thinking when the 1999 Sprint ST hit the market, "wow in about 5 or 6
years the used ones will be in just the right price range."

My bike is currently located in the Washington D.C. area in my Uncle's
garage. It has 24k on it, and the previous owner only put 1k on it, and during
that time only changed the front brake pads. So I'm pretty sure it needs
the 24k service. Apparently it was formerly owned by one of the editors
of Rider magazine. It came well-farkled with Triumph 2-box system, corbin
seat, Triumph heated grips, Triumph flip-up windscreen and Triumph tank
bag.

I have a bunch of newbie questions, but I was a good boy and read the FAQ
first. I wish I could search the archive! Hopefully the answers will be
useful to others...

Q1: What shop can people recommend in the Washington D.C. area?

Q2: How much have others been paying for their 24k service?

Q3: Can anyone recommend a good/cheap shipper? I recently broke my arm and
am still in recovery from that so I'm not in shape to ride it back across
country, although I am considering waiting until I'm well enough. I know
Forward Air is an option too.

Q4: What mail order/internet shop do people recommend for Triumph parts,
and is there one with a discount for being on the mailing list?

Q5: What frame sliders are recommended? I see the Lilley ones have a
post-crash picture with some pretty impressive results. There are some on
ebay right now for a cheap price, but they also look pretty sketchy and I
see the seller is marketing the same thing for pretty much every bike.

Q6: Does the Givi top rack converter for $45 include the plate and
brackets, or must the plate and brackets be purchased separately? It isn't
obvious from the accessories page.

Q7: Does anyone in the neighborhood (Seattle area) have a Pipeline
underseat exhaust that I could listen to? It sure looks like a nice cheap
way to show off that single-sided swingarm, and I've heard that the Wolf
exahaust besides being much more expensive is also very loud. I'm friends
with my neighbors and don't want to upset them too much, so the quieter
the better in my case, although a little louder than stock wouldn't hurt.
:-)

That really ought to be enough questions for my very first message!

Paul

End of st-digest V2004 #364