Re: [ST] Introduction and newbie questions

On Jul 6, 2004, at 10:48 PM, Paul English wrote:
> Q2: How much have others been paying for their 24k service?

In California I pay nearly $800, but CA is on the high end of the labor
scale; other states will be lower.

> Q3: Can anyone recommend a good/cheap shipper? I recently broke my arm
> and
> am still in recovery from that so I'm not in shape to ride it back
> across
> country, although I am considering waiting until I'm well enough. I
> know
> Forward Air is an option too.

I broke my collar bone in a dirt bike accident right before I moved
from DC to CA.  (The shop I bought my Triumph from isn't a Triumph
dealer anymore, so I can't recommend a shop for you in the DC area.)  I
used JC Motors to ship my bike and was very happy with their service.

J C Motors
1260 Logan Ave. Ste. A8
Costa Mesa CA 92626
(714) 557-2558

> Q4: What mail order/internet shop do people recommend for Triumph
> parts,
> and is there one with a discount for being on the mailing list?

Try the list sponsor!  Contact details are at the bottom of each list
message.

> Q5: What frame sliders are recommended?

SkyKing, IMHO.  Brian D. had a bad experience with the GSG Moku frame
sliders, IIRC.
- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
San Mateo, CA (USA)