[ST] Re: Front Sprockets....

The Triumph part has a 'window' with a stiff
plastic-looking 'pane' in it, said to absorb shocks.
However I went with Lilley's pattern part when I did
the change to 18 about 2 years ago, and I replaced the
rear sprocket (stock size) and chain (with a gold
X-ring DID) at the same time. All are still going
strong and lasting very well. Don't be tempted (as I
was) to go for a shorter chain though - stick with
stock length. I thought I was cleverly ensuring that
chain adjustment would stay in range, but ran into
problems with insufficient clearance between the tire
and the front of the swingarm, so I couldn't fit a
hugger!

Barry
2000 RS