From: Rupert Galea
Subject: [ST] clutch arm in side cover

My ST has started weeping oil out of the right hand engine cover where the
clutch actuating arm goes in. I have decided that I do not want to live with
this. I picked up a new seal from Triumph. Then I noticed that there is a
bit of play in the arm where it goes through the cover. I believe that this
play may have helped kill the seal so I picked up new needle bearings from
Triumph. The fiche says I need two so I assume there are two stacked on top
of each other.

Anyway I have had little experience with pushing out bearings. The bearing
is small and the wall thin. I cannot imagine there being enough of an edge
left to push the bearings out from the inside of the cover.

Does anyone have any input/experience regarding this?
Rupert