Re: [ST] New ST??

STeve Duncan wrote:

> Yeah, I gotta agree with my bud, Rick.  I also had a '98 Trophy 1200 and
> loved the bike, torque out the ass (actually wheelied better than the
> ST, not that I do that), and great wind protection and did the twisty
> stuff very well (thank you race-tech), but then I got the ST and the
> Trophy was a barge in comparison.  I've ridden the new Yammy FJR and it
> is a barge in comparison to the ST as well.  I don't need no barge.

Y'know, the FJR might feel like a barge for the first couple of miles,
but with the Pilot Road read and Pilot Sport front, it is very neutral
in the corners and surprisingly flick able, well for a 600 or so lbs
bike :-)

And of course, nothing is better than surprising cagers with raw
acceleration my bagger is capable of.

> the '02 + is even better.  This bike rocks.  And looks most good doing
> it.  Y'all can do what ya want.  For me, embarrassing R1's and Gixxer's
> and what have you, is good enough for me.

I very much enjoy my ST, and frankly, I would love to see anyone put
1900 miles in 48 hours, >6,000 miles 14 days with several about 6 days
off the bike mid trip on a Gixer/R?/ZXxR/CBR*. I did those trips on the
ST in comfort and style.

> It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose.

Aiy, and my current dream bike is an Orange Tiger, it will be mine one
of these days.

cheers,
Tom