[ST] Underseat, ABS, and Chains/Shafts,

Manuel,

If you get a chance ride a Duc 999 for 20 miles and tell me your arse isn't
uncomfortably toasty, or the Multistrada for that matter.  I've ridden both
and found the "warming sensation" less than pleasant.  I cannot imagine
sitting in traffic on one of these bikes.  The rest of the styling issue is
a moot point for me, the only thing that'll have me visiting the dealer for
a new bike is if my RS meets w/ the unthinkable (knocking on wood).

As far as ABS is concerned, I'd rather not have it.  While it's a proven
commodity on cages I've read mixed results on bikes.  Finally, how lazy have
we become that we can't lube a freakin' chain every 500 miles.  It's more
efficient than a shaft and if you're really that lazy (not you per se, but
those who would say that a chain is bothersome) get a Scottoiler and be done
with it.  My other great gripe with a shaft is aren't you then stuck with
the final gearing?  There's no dropping a tooth on a shaft bike, right?!?!
I, for one, consider dropping a tooth on the front sprocket of my RS the
BEST mod that I did.

Sorry for the rant, it's Friday, I only got to ride twice this week and I'm
PMS'ing (the parked motorcycle variety).

Nate
00SprintRS