[ST] Sprocket

Hey,

I'm gonna have to side with my friend Ken here.

In addition,  Triumph has an engineering department that focuses on things
like vibe damping, High and Low cycle fatigue and material strength and wear
properties.  While they are cost conscious they are also "warranty claim
conscious". I would imagine that if they added a post process (vibe damper
is cast on to the sprocket) to the manufacture of such a seemingly simple
stamped part,  It is not simply to be able to charge you more,  it is
probably to move some vibe excitation point out of the operating range of
the vibe signature of the bike.

You may not feel the excitation with the stock sprocket in place but I bet
it is back smack where they didn't want it for whatever reason they chose.

for the few extra dollars the stock sprocket cost I would think that the
longer tranny life or longer sprocket life or whatever they were working
around is probably worth it.\

Just my two cents.

Jay
'00 ST
'00 KTM LC4 (you want to talk about vibes?)
'01 XR650