Subject: [ST] The Chains vs Shafts Religious Wars

All of my rides before my ST were shaft driven.  I never had to mess with chain maintenance before.  It was an interesting awakening to have to deal with this.  In some ways I looked forward to it as it made me more intimate with my bike, but at the same time I was cleaning and oiling the chain every 200 to 500 miles.  I finally decided that I wanted a more pernament solution and got myself a pro-oiler.  I think they both have their pro's and cons.  A chain in lighter and offers the ability to chang4e ratios, but requires more work.  The shaft, as we all know is heavier and has virtually no maintenance

My two cents

Tom Fraser
'01 Sprint ST (red of course)