RE: [ST] Re: Sprocket

> I went with 18, and I'm happy. It depends how you
> ride. I commute on a motorway and do the odd tour on
> mine as well as looning about the lanes on weekends,
> so I didn't want it too revvy when cruising, or
> guzzling too much fuel. The 19 to 18 swap didn't make
> much difference to either. But if your thing is
> canyon-carving, or city riding, then 17 might be
> better. It will wheelie rather too easily with 17 I
> think, but maybe you want that too!

I went with 18/45 (2.5) and I am very happy. The extra pep in 1st and
2nd is nice. It does not make a huge difference in revs so I do not
think it makes much difference to highway use. I did 1025 miles on
highways in 18 hours and to me it was fine. As far as mileage goes
(something I was concerned about) my last tank on that 1025 mile trip
doing about 80 indicated returned 52mpg.
Rupert