RE: [ST] Truimph gel seat Vs. Corbin

I tried both the Corbin and the Sargent on my ST - found both to be fairly
identical, except that the Sargent comes with a canister that straps up
under the seat to hold things, like tools, insurance, registration etc.  You
lose the ability to carry your tools with the Corbin.  Also, the Sargent had
fold away hooks for attaching bungee cords or the like to strap something on
the rear part of the seat.  Otherwise, really the same - including the
riding position, which I was not a fan of.  To try to quantify it, I felt
that on both the transition from rider to passenger was too far back on
both.  I felt like I was "supermanning" when I put my butt against that
transition (that it, I was forcing myself to lay very flat and my arms were
straight out in front of me).  Now I'm 6'2", so I'm not short either.  I've
heard people who have risers on their Sprints like the seat more, and I can
see that.  Additionally, since I wasn't all the way back against that
transition, when I had to brake my passenger fell into the gap between me
and that transition point.  Then she had to pull herself out of that and
back onto her part - not comfortable for either of us.

Now both seats felt wider and more supportive than the stock seat, but that
was outweighed by the location of the transition.  Had that single thing
been different on either, I would have kept them, because otherwise they
were nice.

As for the gel seat, I've definitely heard about the temperature problems.
I had debated one, but a friend of mine has it on his ST, and it does get
EXTREMELY hot when out in the summer.  Otherwise, it's pretty much the stock
seat in dimensions, but with a little more padding, which allows you to put
more miles on before getting a sore ass.  If anything, you may notice that
you are sitting ever so slightly higher on the gel seat (the gel raises off
of the seat - one of the reasons the seat cowl won't work with the gel
seat).

Take all my info for what it is worth to you.  That was my experience with
them all.  Hope it helps in your decision.

Matt Heyer