Re: [ST] Comfort

In a previous email, DAVID POPLE stated:
> After a long stint on the ST (Blue Heaven if I was to give it a name)  I get
> sore at the inside tops of my thighs not bum sore as some others seem to
> describe. Moving around does not ease it.

That is exactly how my butt was affected on my 824 mile/14 hour ride
home from Savannah. In order to help my tookus I was taking Aleve and I
would shift around on the seat a lot. I would hang out the left cheek
for a while then the right. I would push my butt back as far as I could
and still reach the bars. At 6'2" this meant that I could sit on the
front of the pillion area. Occasionally I would stretch out the legs and
let them hover just above the ground. This would actually help my knees
more than my bum. On gas stops I would take about 20 minutes of nothing
but walking around to get the circulation moving to the places that
hadn't gotten it in a while. And once I got home I showered and went to
the local gin mill to sit on something that wasn't moving.

I don't have the gel, Corbin or Sargeant seats. Just the stock seat. I'm
a cheap bastard.

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Le mariage c'est résoudre ensemble des problèmes qu'on aurait jamais eu
tout seul!" (Marriage is solving together problems you would never have
alone!)
            -- Unknown