[ST] Burgman scooter...

Hey Rich,

My vertically-challenged girlfriend got herself a Burgman 400 scooter late
last year to replace the Honda Reflex she got last spring.  The 400 was the
biggest scooter she could flat-foot.  She's a retread, getting back into
riding bikes after being off for 25 years.  She had a Honda 350 and 450/4
but crashed both multiple times 'cause her ex thru her the keys and told her
to "follow me!"  Now she's done the MSF school twice and learned a lot.
She's working on getting her confidence up so that she can something like a
Duc Monster 620 that fits her.  Don't bad mouth the Burgmans...we use it as
our pit bike and to go to and from the motel when we race.  It'll do 70mph
two-up easily, get 50mpg, and she's out-dragged several Harleys that made
fun of her "toy."  And, she paid less than $5000 for the Burgman, even when
you figure her trade-in.  Being an automatic means she's concentrating on
her lines and other vehicles instead of when to shift, what gear to be in,
etc...all things that would distract her and increase the chance of
something bad happening till she's ready for a "real" bike.

Try the Burgman and keep an open mind...you just might find yourself wanting
one!

Lance R.
'99 turbo Tiger
'01 Gold Wingebago (NOT an automatic)
'03 Sprint ST (not turbo'd yet.)

> Ah, it is good to see women riding motorcycles.  My other have loves it
too, but she wants the Suzuki Burgemann 650cc scooter. :(

> You see, she's got this thing about shifting - it scares her.  She's never
even tried it though.  I've tried and I've tried to convince her otherwise,
but her head is thicker than mine.  I'd rather spen 3-4K on a 250cc or a
450cc motorcycle than over 8K for a freakin scooter.

> Who knows.  Maybe if the rumored automatic Goldwing comes to fruition, I
can convince her to get that ;)