Re: [ST] loose mirror

> Yep they are crap. There are 4 conical washers that are held on by a
> serrated washer that bites into an aluminum post. If this comes of once
> or twice it never stays on properly after that.

Try this first:
Remove the mirror (2-10mm bolts under the rubber boot) and select a socket -
16mm seems right - to fit over the serrated washer.  Then using using
another socket - 17mm works - in the recess on the opposite side, fit the
assembly into a bench vice and GENTLY squeeze the serrated washer further
onto its alloy post.  This should solve your problem.

> > If I remember correctly there's person or two on this list that
> > modified their mirror mounts by running some bolts through them....

If the first method doesn't work then try solving the problem using a
combination of a flat washers which fit over the mirror's serrated washer
and its alloy post.  These are squeezed by a nut and bolt which passes
through the mirror pivot.  If you find the correct length bolt, you can
avoid having a bulge in the rubber boot.
HTH,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST