Re: [ST] VMD campers?

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Mike Montville wrote:

> I'm still sitting on the fence about VMD.  I've heard that camping at
> the track can be a dust bowl, due to proximity to the MX track.
> 'Course if the predicted rain on Accuweather materializes, that'll be
> more of a problem... Got any better local forecasts?

Forecasters here are saying a chance of a passing shower this afternoon as
the low spins to the NE.  It's currently sunny and 73 with no humidity and
bright blue skies in Columbus Ohio, about an hour south of the track...

I saw them say a front was expected to move thru late day Sat or Sat night
so a chance of showers then.  I've been camping up there for a bunch of
years, and while you get dust from the gravel roads in the campsite I
can't say the MX track has ever given us grief, you can get away from
it.  And I'll take the dust over the mud anyday!

It's such a great event, and fun party time, that it's worth a few hassles
anyway.  Where and how and when would you be coming in?

- --
...still looking for a TW200...

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail