Re: [ST] loose mirror

Pull back the rubber boot and take a look. The clip thing on top acts like a spring. I don't think you can take it off without messing it up good. There is no way to adjust it.

But I have fixed my loose mirror.
Put a bolt up though the whole in the middle.
Place one big washer that has a hole large enough to go over the center post and a little more. You don't want the washer pressing on the clip edges, just the outside.
Then add any washers needed to work with the nut.

If you tighten too much the mirror joint will not bend. So experiment to find the correct torque, then lock tight it.

So far (5k miles) my mirror is fine.

David W. Funk
Pleasanton, CA
'00 Sprint ST

> Hi folks;
> 	Does anyone know if there is a way to tighten the mirror swivel
> joint on an ST?  My right side was loose when I bought the bike (used)
> the vibes are driving me a little nuts (ok I'm already a little nuts),
> Thanks!
>
> EJ Baker

End of st-digest V2004 #382