Re: [ST] Installing CF tank protector

Quoting "dpullen@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dpullen@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I just bought the Triumph CF tank protector and saw that the "to be
> installed only by trained mechanic" note is enforced by a lack of
> instructions.
>
> The installation seems obvious enough, but I wanted to see if anybody had
> any particular things to look out for before I slap it on.

Yes a clean tank is a good idea. But most impotant, hold it in place with the
sticky pads still covered up so you can position it properly. Then mark round
the outside with a  soft lead pencil or bits of masking tape.
Then use this markup to align the protector when you stick it on. Once stuck, I
doubt if it will come off easily.

- --
SimonB