From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken
Mitchell
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 6:08 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Installing CF tank protector

I installed the CF tanks protector myself too, no problems. I didn't use any
special techniques, but thought about it reading the posts. If I was to do
it again, I'd do it this way:

Clean the application area with the alchol swab.

Place the sticky tabs onto the CF as shown in the instructions, just leave
the film on the tank side of the sticky squares.

Position the CF onto the contour of the tank, trace around it with a grease
pencil.

Remove the film from the double-sided sticky squares, and press it on.

Mine's been on since the bike was a week old, and no signs of loosening.
BTW, that Triumph "Carbon Fiber look" master cylinder protector is cheap
plastic. I think Jack Lilley may have one done in the real CF.

Ken M.
'00 RS

*