RE: [ST] Ride to Work, my opinion

<<SNIP>>
Many miss the point here.  In the macho tendency to say "HEY, I RIDE EVERY
DAY, and anyone who doesn't is not a <real> rider", I say pish-posh.
<<SNIP>>

YES. You're right.

<<SNIP>>
The whole point of the "Ride to Work" day is not to seperate the men from
the boys, it is to unite ALL riders, just for one day, and show the REST of
the driving public just how many we really are.  Kind of like a march on
Washington, without the travel time.
<<SNIP>>

You're right here too.  The thing that separates the men from the boys is racing ;)

<<SNIP>>
Come on people, are we all so really involved in our own self esteem that we
can't just take one freakin day a year and say, "this is for the team" ?
<<SNIP>>

You hit the nail on the head here.  Humans, for some reason, are always wrapped up in thermselves.  Some more so than others.
That's probably why the second greatest commandment is "Love your neighbor as yourself".  If we cared about others as much as we care about our own "feeling good" then there wouldn't be terrorism, hate crime, violence, abuse, etc.

RICH

P.S.
I didn't ride for the last week because I lost my second and final key, DOUGH!  I don't even think I have the number tag to get more.  Hope Triumph can work off the VIN to get me another key or else I'll have to convert it to a kick start.