[ST] Ride to Work day (UK)

Was yesterday. Supposedly. A big non-event as far as I
could tell. I couldn't say there were noticeably more
bikes on the road, nor parked up at work, and although
I did see a few unfamiliar bikes amongst the regular
commuters (notably a lovely green and ivory
Thunderbird) that's probably true every day. There was
no publicity beforehand, no press coverage after. Even
the Two Wheels show on satellite failed to mention it
last night (although they did show a GSXR750 blowing
away a 600bhp Nissan Skyline)! I had to scour the web
to even be sure it WAS yesterday, but yes it was. Why
it couldn't have been a week earlier to match the US
one I don't know, then it could have been billed as
'international' and maybe got more publicity.

Barry
A frustrated motorcycle proponent
2000 RS